Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dry Kerala Chilli Chicken (My Mom's Recipe)




This is my Mom's original recipe. 




I can boldly say that when I started imitating my mom in my kitchen, I turned into a good cook. Yet, I am no where near to my mom, she is the best cook I’ve ever seen and l want that to be like that forever…There are a ton of recipes from my mom, this is one among them.. 



I am sharing my mom's kerala style Chilli Chicken. This is probably one of the dishes I crave the most on odd days.

Here comes the recipe:

Ingredients:-

Chicken boneless or bone in-  1/2 kg(cut into small cubes)
Salt to taste - check before adding coz we are using soya sauce
Dalda or Refined Oil - for frying ( I used dalda, it adds taste)
Onion sliced - 2 medium
Capsicum sliced - 1(optional)
Green chili sliced – 4 – 6
Soya sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 1tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp (optional)

Method 
Clean and cut the chicken into small cubes. In a non-stick pan pour refined oil or dalda and fry the chicken, till half cooked. In the same oil sauté sliced onions till light golden brown colour. In that add sliced green chillies and capsicum,sauté for 3-4 mins. Add the fried chicken into this and mix well. Now add all the sauces and pepper powder into the chicken mixture, and stir well.Cover the pan and cook the chicken for 10 mins.  Put salt if you want, because we are using soya sauce, it has salt. So check it and add salt if needed. Chilli Chicken is ready. 



This  is a mouth-watering chicken recipe, turns into delicious and simply irresistible. 
Enjoy it !!!!!




Serve it with Chappati, Fried rice etc. Have a try




Cheers!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeena,
    am a first timer to ur blog ... all your pics look awesomw.. i havent gone thru all ur recipes but ur pics are extremely impressive ..
    I tried this recipe u posted today. Wht to say, it was awesome recipe Jeena!! This is the best chilli chicken ive ever tasted in my life :) i could't stop eating, my hubby also liked it very much. Thanks a lot dear.
    Keep posting more and more yummy yummy recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lekshmi,
      Thank you so much for visiting this space. I'm glad that you like the space.. especially the pics! and a BIG Thanks for your lovely comment. I'm really thrilled to know that you liked this recipe..

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...